These free & cheap marketing tools for small business will save you money and time
Below is my favourite list of free marketing tools you can use for online sales and marketing.
- Email marketing is a brilliant strategy to keeping in touch with your customers and keeping them informed. Some of my favourite email marketing programs are mailchimp, and Aweber:
- Click here to watch how to create an email newsletters and autoresponders for your email marketing strategy using Aweber (from $19 per month – great features)
- Sign up for a free Mailchimp account to watch how to create an email newsletter and autoresponder with Mailchimp (start off for free but does not include autoresponder – $10 for up to 500 subscribers)
- Squeeze or landing pages are used to capture information from a visitor in exchange for a free product or special offer. Some of the tools on the market are LaunchRock, Lead Pages, Optimizely, Clickthroo. These range from free, to free trial and low monthly options. Not all landing pages are created equal and you may need to try different tools to see what works best for your needs.
- Looking for people to help out for a tiny project. You can’t go past Fiverr & Odesk – if you are on a tight budget. I am all for using local people but sometimes you need something done fast and it is much easier trying to find someone to do a quick job on these platforms than looking through the local directors or through Google search. You can find designers, content creators, seo, website developers, programmers, writers, transcribers… caution. Most of the workers speak English as a second language, when you provide instructions make it very clear what you want and when you want it.
- Want to see all your social media activity in one place, check out Tweetdeck (it’s free) or hootsuite (low monthly payments).
- Create your own infographic and make your brand look really cool and professional – Piktochart couldn’t make it any easier, you will love this tool.
- DIY website – WordPress.com (hosted by WordPress, not your own url), WordPress.org (hosted by you on your own website, there are so many amazing free and cheap themes and it is so much fun to create), Wix (create your own website using their tools), Web, Fatcow, or iPage.
- DIY shopping cart – Shopify, 1ShoppingCart, Amazon
- Advertising platforms where you can advertise for free or cheaply – Google Places, Gumtree, Yelp, Truelocal, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Brisbane exchange, Bristrades, Livepages, Hotfrog, and so many more.
- Education – Udemy offers list of free and paid recommended online business courses you will love. Listen and learn while on commute, at the gym, lazing on the weekend.
- Magazine and app design – create your own newsstand magazine and become your own publisher to market your brand and develop credibility. New software makes creating an ipad or android magazine extremely affordable and very easy. Check out their starter plan.
Don’t they all sound so exciting. There are so many more and some of these are probably already out of date. If you need assistance with setting up or managing any of these tools please send me a request via email@example.com.